The P & C is made up of parents of the school, the school principal and interested community members and teachers, who want to contribute towards making the school as enjoyable and rewarding as possible for the children. We are looking for new members to re-invigorate the existing P&C as a number of members may be moving on and having new idea’s and enthusiasm is always a welcome part of any P&C. Your involvement can be occasional or regular – up to you.
The P&C meet twice a term in the school library from 7pm. This year’s 2017 meetings are-
Term 1: 15th February & th March – Annual General Meeting
Term 2: 10th May and 17th June
Term 3: TBC th August & rd September
Term 4: th October & th November
Funds from the P&C activities in recent years have been directed towards
- Fitting out new undercover area
- New chairs for Assemblies and larger school events
- Sound equipment in the undercover area
- Chilled water cooler in front of art room.
- Digital Camera’s
- Choir Polo Shirts
- 4 Laptops
- Chess Sets
- Electronic whiteboards
- Library and literacy resources
- Year 7 camps
- Each classroom teacher has been provided a set sum to spend at their discretion on classroom items.
- Maths resources
- Contributing towards the Canteen and Uniform Shop.
In addition the P&C runs a number of school events such as
- Picnic on the green
- Sports Day Sausage Sizzle
- Election Day Sausage Sizzle
- Recent School Fete
- Quiz Nights
- Chocolate and Entertainment book fundraising
- Father and Mothers day stalls
- Canteen and Uniform Shops
To be a voting member of the P & C requires a $1 donation. However, you are welcome to simply attend to hear or contribute to discussions around school matters.
The P & C has a number of official roles which are selected and voted in at the AGM. For 2017 the following parents were accepted into these positions-
– P & C president: Rebecca McAdam
– P&C vice president: Sharon Gasyski
– Secretary: Bridget Jakimowiez
– Treasurer: Jarrad Prue
– Fundraising Committee Sub-Committee:
Brett Turner, Glen Francis, Sharon Gayski, Sue Shadbolt, Jenny Turner, Rebecca McAdam, Brian Tombelson, Jayne Paganini, Fiona Henderson
– School Council Representative: Sharon Gayski
– Classroom Rep Co-ordinator: Jenny Beer
– Canteen Sub-committee: Michelle Colthart, Luana Lisandro, Leanne Daniels, Jenny Turner
– Uniform Sub-committee: Ange Tulk and Rebecca McAdam
During these meetings a number of issues are discussed such as –
- Updates from the principal regarding school matters ranging from air-conditioning, major maintenance, class room or teacher changes, relevant dept.of education matters.
- Discussion of suitable fundraising activities and where these funds can be spent in the school. This is done in consultation with the principal and teachers, as well as feedback from parents in the school.
- Discussion of P&C activities such as the running of the uniform shop, helping with school sports days and carnivals and Year 7 final dinners.
We welcome, any additional suggestions from parents about what else would help our kids get the most of school at Lathlain. You can either make suggestions via this blog, or you can attend the P&C or speak to any P&C members.