The first meeting was held on Wednesday night at the school library. There was a great turn up with quite a few new parents, particularly from the Kindy, Pre-Primary and Grade 1 years. It was great to see them there and we appreciate their effort in coming along.
As it was the first meeting of the year there was a lot of catching up from the last meeting and discussion about the year coming. Issues of interest were
- Cathy’s Principals report informed us about the class room changes that usually occur in the first month of the year. Most classes are at absolute capacity and so significant class shifts were unlikely at this stage. Room 13 has been kept empty in case the school accepted any new students as this would possibly require and additional class to be created. So looks like they will keep this as an option until they are sure they won’t need it.
- There was a recap of teacher movements with a few new teachers on the block.
- Enclosing the undercover area is being investigated. The benefits of this are that it provides a more sheltered area for sports and assemblies in winter. In the long term it may also provide a space where after school care could be held. The school acknowledged the large number of children are attending after school care and onsite alternative would be very helpful. However, appropriate room space is not currently available as the service providers need access to the space before 3pm which is not possible at the moment. The school has suggested that this might be a good goal for the P&C to assist with fundraising given it is likely to be an expensive endeavor.
- Fundraising Committee: Three events coming up in first term. The picnic on the green was mostly arranged (and well attended later that week), the Easter Egg Raffle and Mothers Day stall. It was suggested that given these are relatively easy events to organise it would be a good opportunity to invite new people to help out. Contact email@example.com if your interested in being on the volunteers list.
- Uniform Shop: With great gratitude the new volunteers to the uniform shop were acknowledged.
- Canteen: The canteen appears to be starting to turn a small profit which can be fed back into upgrading any services. They continue to have a good supply of volunteers but more are always welcome. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parent Class Representatives: Ange reported that notices will go out inviting parents to nominate themselves as the class representative. We are hoping to have one or two parents from each class who can act as information distributors between the P&C and parents. This is to ensure everyone knows what is going on with the P&C. It should not be a task that takes up much time. Please let Ange or the front office know if you are interested.
- Next Meeting 18th of March: AGM, please come along and have a say on who is representing you during the year,