As the new school year approaches fast, perhaps time to reflect on 2014…..We have
- Run elections day stalls
- Attended the Victoria Park Farmers Market,
- The always popular Easter Raffle and Quiz Night;
- Organised the sausage sizzle for the sports carnival and raised funds at the Officeworks sausage sizzle.
- The chocolate box fundraiser has run again this year,
- And the family photo day proved to be popular again.
- Provided mother and father’s day stalls for the kids
- The classroom parent co-ordinator system was implemented this year, to try and provide a central parent who can send out P&C information to the class.
- The volunteers group continues to grow and has been a great source of assistance during the year. Thank you to everyone who has put up their hand.
- The uniform shop continues to provide an essential service. Our fantastic organisers left (thanks Shinobu and Fenn) but we have gained new helpers
- The canteen has also continued to run well and become a well oiled machine. Having that Friday option has been a godsend at times. Thanks to all the parents who volunteer their time. Without them, there is no canteen.
I am sure there is so much more that individuals have done that goes on in the background and apologies to those I have missed.
Now is the time to start thinking about who can get involved this year. There are likely to be a few jobs up for grabs as those of us who have been in the P&C for awhile, look to step back. It is always a good thing to have a new idea’s in the group so please consider putting up your hand. You do not have to do it all, it is always great to have a few people working together to spread the load. Positions in the P&C include
- President/vice president
- Classroom Parent Co-ordinator
- Blog administrator
- Uniform Shop
Please consider what you can do to help. When we do activities such as the Vic Park Markets we have heard really positive feedback from the community about the school and what they have heard about the P&C. Help be a part of this reputation. You can send us a line at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to put your name down to help out on any of these groups, or turn up to the first P&C meeting which is usually within the first month of school. We will post dates on this site soon.
Hoping everyone has had a lovely holiday break and looking forward to a new school year in 2015